April 15, 2012
Dearest family and friends,
We trust that the Easter season was a blessing to each of you! HE IS RISEN INDEED!
· Prayer Partners: When our appeal went out in mid-February for a season of prayer for 20 of those we work closely with here in Sierra Leone, we were blessed that 50+ people, that we know of, in the US spent 50 days in concentrated prayer on their behalf. We wish we could report that every Muslim on the list had put their trust in Christ as Savior, and that there had been no heartbreak, such as losing two of Margaret’s orphans, but that is not the case. What we can assure you is that God has heard EVERY PRAYER and that He will continue to work in the lives of our friends here. His thoughts and His ways are higher than ours, and He is weaving a tapestry among those we serve that we can see only from the underside with all the tangles and loose threads. We trust in the beautiful picture that He is producing by His hand that will someday be in full view for all to see! THANK YOU FOR YOUR PRAYERS!
· Margaret’s Orphans: We really can’t describe the heartbreak of losing Martin, and then George. There are some things best left to an All-knowing God. As for the blessings that have come Margaret’s way, we are so thankful to a group of sponsors from FBC McKinney for providing food for the family of 25 and for insuring another year of education for the 2012-2013 school year. And we thank those of you who give toward our general budget. It was YOUR support that provided George’s funeral service and burial. Not a week goes by that we are not faced with needs we could never have anticipated. Thank you for your trust as we represent YOU here in Sierra Leone.
· War Widow’s Farming: We’ve run into a few hitches as the WW farm is expanding because the new ground is so “stubborn.” We hope that by the end of this week all plowing and leveling will be done. Planting will start in 30 days. We pray for an extraordinary harvest to the point that ONLY GOD will get the glory!
· Divine Provision Beauty Saloon: Yes, you read that right! In Sierra Leone, hair SALONS are called SALOONS! So we are opening a SALOON! The 10 cosmetology students have formed a business cooperative and we pray for God’s abundant blessing!
· Hosetta School: Our May and June teams will continue construction of the dormitory, and we have every hope that by the new school year in September, children will be living in the dorm!
· Bo: Mohamed is doing great in school, and we are staying on top of his skin condition. He still seems to have small random outbreaks, but overall we feel the medicines are working. He is such a blessing to us! His faith is unwavering! If the Bible says it, he believes it! Amazing! We pray that God continues to heal his little body, and that someday he will be free of the skin condition that has plagued him for over 6 years.
· Political climate: Several of us missionary wives attended a Town Hall Meeting at the US Ambassador’s Residence. We were briefed on the upcoming elections in SL in November. Things are going well in the voter registration process. The US Embassy is actively involved in the election process, and in the event of any unrest we will be notified.
· May/June Teams: Please pray for God’s provision, for the health of each team member, for the families they will leave behind and for God to be glorified in and through them as they minister here in SL.
It’s all for the Kingdom!
Tom and Becky