Saturday, November 24, 2007

Be still, and know...

Just when I was beginning to feel guilty
for relaxing again this morning,
God reminded me of how He loves for us to just
"BE STILL" (to cease, to let go, raphah)!
This selection is part of today's devotional from
Streams In The Desert Vol.1.
There are 2 devotional books that I can't live without.
The other is My Utmost for His Highest.
They have become my familiar friends through the years,
and aside from my Bible,
God has used these great books
to speak to me more than any other.

4 comments:

Angie said...

I hope I get to hear her in person sometime! I listen to her on the radio several days a week. Sometimes she sings a verse of a favorite hymn. An inspiring woman...

Angie said...

No ice or snow here. It's wet and cold, though...not sure if there is a possibility tonight.

We weren't ready to get back into work/school routine either!

I haven't heard a word about the new JK book, but looked on the BB to see what they were saying. I didn't open posts that said "spoilers", but looks like most people are liking it. I do plan on reading it.

Have you read any of Robin Jones Gunn's Sisterchicks books? I have enjoyed those, there are funny characters and spiritual lessons that aren't sappy, if you know what I mean. They are easy, soothing reads. I think Sisterchicks on the Loose, and S...do the Hula may be my favorite ones.

Also Rene Gutteridge's Boo, and Boo Who - - funny small-town characters, and a little mysterious. Again, easy reads.
Seems like lately I don't want to read anything that I have to work too hard at...! Except scripture -I have enjoyed getting out the commentaries lately.

Loved the picture of your grandchildren. Beautiful.

SJ Carsten said...

Love this one!! Thanks for sharing. Oh The girls are looking at 12/13 What's your schedule look like?

Angie said...

dashb,layouts,template,blog posts,edit.

Now maybe you could help me with a better banner.

Ang