Friday, November 2, 2007

Ministry News!


When I learned that Yahoo 360 was going down I was quite sad.
So many of my memories will be lost forever. Sigh…
I had decided I was finished with blogs, but thanks to
my dear friend, “a cottage rose,”
I have been inspired. Love you, girl!
http://www.acottagerose.blogspot.com/
~***~
This week proved to be on the quieter side.
It started with a 4 ½ hour nap Sunday afternoon
(I never do that!).
Although, Monday was wild with excitement!
I was among a group of 7 that spent the day at
Dawson State Jail near downtown Dallas.
We were there to participate in the graduation of nearly
50 female inmates
who had completed an intensive 7 week course called
“Untying the Lies that Bind Us.”
We worshiped through music, the Word, tears and laughter.
Each lady shared an oral, memorized presentation
and took a written exam.
WOW!!
They put me to shame.
I was so proud of them all!
http://www.seedsowersministry.org/
~***~
Tomorrow evening our team from the Ireland mission
trip this summer will have the opportunity to
visit with missionaries
Alan and Rosemary Armstrong.
They are in the states for a few weeks.
We consider it a privilege for them to take
time out of their busy schedule.
(photo above: Donegal County, NW Ireland)
http://www.donegal111.com/
~***~
In closing:
“Proclaim the Message with intensity; keep on your watch.
Challenge, warn, and urge your people.
Don't ever quit. Just keep it simple.”
2 Timothy 4:2 Msg





2 comments:

Angie said...

I am soooo impressed by your prison ministry. Sounds like these dear ladies mean business about getting their lives together. (Seven intense weeks and a memorized presentation - wow...) "I was in prison and you visited me..."

How wonderful that you get to see your Ireland friends. I know they will be just as glad to see you and the team.

I played in church Wed night. Tom wanted to sing the whole hour, so people could request something from the hymnal. The h.s. principal, whom I've mentioned, led the music. (Chuck was in choir rehearsal.) Anyway, I just wanted you to know I had been playing some. I am seeking the Lord about what my role is to be here.

SJ Carsten said...

I am proud of you and the work you are doing! Keep up the good work.

Stella