Friday, January 18, 2008

WOW!! Philippians 3:10 (Amplified)

What a neat booklet ($1.99 @ Lifeway)! From the book: "God has designed an excellence, a single purpose for you and me." "And when your life becomes totally focused on Him ... your life will be radically transformed." ~***~ Our ladies small group is spending the next 8 weeks in the 4 chapters of this little book. Our goal since last Monday has been to read chapter one 6 to 10 times during the 2 weeks till we meet again, and to "hang" on every word, phrase and sentence. We are asking God to say ALL He has to say to us, and to confirm His word through other means such as other Scripture, sermons and songs. We are journaling so we will be able to share how God is speaking in our lives. I can't wait to see them again. Luke 19:48 "... all the people were hanging upon His (Jesus') words." May we "hang" until He tells us everything we can possibly absorb.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bought an Amplified Bible last year and think it's wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Becky,
This sounds really interesting. I hope you will share some of your journaling or at least journal (blog) about the process as a whole. Reading on chapter several times, I never thought about that. Sounds silly I suppose, but I just never thought about it. Keep us posted.

Kathy from bible study

SJ Carsten said...

I have always loved your recomendations. and I love Beth Moore. Praying for your group