Saturday, December 1, 2007

Christmas Spirit!


I'm stalling!
I'm suppose to be putting the tree up today,
but I've managed to piddle for hours.
Oops...
So, I decided if I pulled out some
photos from last Christmas
they might inspire me!
Ah, yes, the little felt bird in the picture above
was the first ornament to be placed on our
tree besides the old balls everyone use to hang.
Tom's oldest brother married one month after we did in 1974.
That first Christmas his wife made
these little birds for our trees.
A treasure!!
Through the years we have played
Chinese Christmas with ornaments at
various Sunday School parties.
The result is that
I am in tears with each
ornament I hang.
Such wonderful memories!!
Now...I am ready...wish you were here
to experience the day with me!!

4 comments:

Angie said...

Hi there. I emailed you a couple of casserole picks from my collection for your consideration.

I am putting off getting our tree up. We actually bought a 4' one for this year -- I just couldn't think about dragging out the larger one...I guess I'm planned and decorated out from the wedding.

I like your window treatments. I still have not finished the kitchen/dining windows after our re-do! The wedding pretty much postponed everything, but I'm ready to get these windows done.

Much love-----------------A.

Angie said...

Howdy. Well, this was the WORST Cracker Barrell experience we've ever had. Won't go into detail, but I don't think we'll be back there Alma)...next time we'll meet him at Mazzios! The one here in Springdale has always been wonderful.

Tree still not up, but I'm working up to it....

Faith's choir concert tonight - she has a solo this year.

Have fun tomorrow night!

Ho Ho Ho,
A.

Anonymous said...

Becky, you inspired me. I got my tree up this week. It is so pretty. You can see the memories in your tree :)

Anonymous said...

ooops! The above comment was from Kathy in bible study.