Sunday, December 9, 2007

An Evening With Michael W Smith

What a privilege it was to hear
"my American idol"
Melinda Doolittle
Wednesday at the Meyerson
(Dallas Symphony Orchestra)!
Michael W was great, as well as the Katinas,
but hearing Melinda was the fulfillment of
one of the "desires of my heart!!"
Her humility is so refreshing!!
And what talent!!
Thank you, Lord!
~***~
We have experienced such
Christmas excitement
the last 3 Sundays at church.
"Deck the Halls" was so fun, then last Sunday
the choir had the chance to sing
at one of our
satellite locations.
Today the theme was "swing."
So neat!!
We still have a
gospel theme and a more
traditional service to look forward to plus 6
Christmas Eve services
to choose from.
~***~
Tom nor I participated in
THE CHRISTMAS JOURNEY
(17 outdoor scenes dramatized with full sets, etc...),
but 700 of our church family did.
10,000+ people witnesses the event this week
on one of the 4 nights.
~***~
I completed training yesterday
at the Bonham jail
with the
Texas Department of Criminal Justice.
I am now able to enter
any state prison to minister.
I will also make contact this week
with the chaplain
for the Grayson County Jail.
Each county has its
own training
and/or requirements.
~***~
Our GRAYSON GIRLS
(ladies small group)
meet tomorrow night for
Christmas dinner.
And Tuesday evening I'm having dinner
with 4 of my dearest,
longtime friends. I have been
truly blessed in my life to know some of the
greatest women on the planet.
God is good!!

3 comments:

Angie said...

Well, I figure if Gigi (what my nephews named me, and I'm keeping the nickname for my grandkids) makes a gingerbread house every year to nibble on, it will be an adventure to be at her house...even with a ceramic tabletop tree.

I do love this small one, though. Very easy, and fits perfectly in the spot that I've always wanted to be able to put one....so I may just keep it!

Congratulations on completing your training. I don't know how you do it all..................! Me...still pretty much on sabbatical, & very certain that it is where I'm to be right now; but, I'm playing a prelude and an offertory next Sunday, and Chuck is leading music on the
30th, so I will play for that whole service.

Today was wonderful here, too: refreshing, spiritually moving music and rich Bible study. Tonight was the choir program, and I was so grateful and moved that it was ALL about JESUS - - not one secular piece. (This year a certain music program was having jolly ol' Saint Nick himself on the platform to sing Louis Armstrong...we were amazed and saddened.)

Jesus is so real and fresh to me here...less "clutter." I don't have the words...

Much love,
Ang

Angie said...

P.S. Neal and I are working on a swing arr. of "God Rest Ye..." for the offertory on the 30th - him on trumpet, me on piano. He's so good at that type of music - it should be good.

A.

SJ Carsten said...

Can't wait to see you dear one!!!